Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Agasthya




Oh Agasthya! You fill my entire view;
In all respect and devotion, I bow to you,
The swirling cold lusty breeze
Adds on to the dance of the trees.

Mist covering your majestic peak,
An eternal joy, it helps me seek.
Green carpet spread out on land,
Sky spinning up a heavenly strand.

Dancing and quarrelling moves the clouds,
An exotic pleasure, in my heart it moulds.
Comes morning and sun with its ray of light,
But, still you stand with all your might.

Clouds, the warriors, protect the port,
Refusing sunrays, entry into the fort.
Breeze, the maid, massages you,
Bringing mist and covering you from view.

Trees all around you, happily grow,
Your importance, they sure do know.
Birds awakened by the morning light,
Chirping and chattering starts it’s flight.

Animals set out on their daily prowls,
And the forest is filled with occasional growls.
The river gurgles and flows on and on,
With the advent of the sensuous dawn.

How melodious is the bird’s call,
It is enjoyable for one and all.
Come night and the vibrant moon,
Lighting up the place very soon.

Birds have gone on a sleep very full,
The forest singing them a melodious lull.
Life forms are asleep, whatever it takes,
In my mind, happiness sure it makes.

Your peak is sparkling with moonlight,
It sure adds on to the exotic sight.
Darkness and mysticism bring fear,
But, some love can also be found here.

Looking at your peak in the night,
I suddenly realized the eternal right.
Nothing ever has been so beautiful,
Nothing ever gives happiness so full.

I made a walk to your greeny summit,
With love and calmness, like a hermit.
Reaching the site, I was spellbound,
Was this heaven in all universe around?

Suddenly, my vision was gone,
I found mist, thick and dull, spreading on.
Bringing with it, a light rain,
Relieving me of all the pain.

People say, “I came, I saw, I conquered”,
I feel, “I came, I saw, I surrendered”.
But, sad o sad, what happens today?
People forgetting nature day by day.

Trees are being cut down,
Forests are being burnt down.
Rivers ringing with extensive pollution,
Leaving us with no practical solution.

Water in rivers, so crystal clear,
The flowing sound, a pleasure to hear.
Lying in water, itself a pleasure,
Amount of which is difficult to measure.

Surprising; with your peak so tall,
Human beings are made to feel so small.
Life forms view you with utmost devotion,
But, we view you as an object of exploitation.

It is indeed very sad,
That we have become so mad.
Isn’t it nothing but pure insanity?
Destroying something so full of divinity.

Oh Agasthya! Here I make a vow,
Your greatness, I will let others know.
Your role as a living being,
I realize as a natural human being.

When I start your climb down,
Into the hear of the maddening town.
A town full of sorrows and troubles,
You give me will to break them like bubbles.

Oh Agasthya! You fill my entire view,
In all respect and devotion, I bow to you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home