Monday, August 04, 2008

Battle in the skies!!!















Darkness spreads across; it’s time for the war
Fought in heavens above, nature roars in fury,
The warriors dressed up in shades of grey
Lines up in no order, in the wide open skies.

A weapon, fit to kill, may not be,
An army, fit to conquer, may not be,
Urged on by the sound of the mighty thunder,
Lightning provides flashes of the final victory!

Far across the horizons, the way cry is made,
Gray and not blue, is the order of the day,
Time to draw first blood, time to settle the scores,
Time for the heavenly battle, time to get even!

Thunder booms loud, lightning strikes bright,
My eyes travel up, my gaze fixed on the raging battle
The first drop, hits my face giving me a cold jolt
I wonder at the sight! I wonder within!

Is it the blood of the wounded from the violent tussle?
Is it the tear of the lost soldier, sad at the defeat?
As it falls down as a cold shower, I realize..
We are cleansed, cleansed by the battle above!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amreen Fatema said...

must say very creative and good imagination.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home