Monday, August 01, 2005

Who Am I???


Who am I?A day in 1981,I peeped out into this green planet,my home,earth,after having spent ten months in my mother’s womb.Am I a baby kangaroo that she had been carrying me around in a pouch?After my birth,there was an endless flow of visitors to see me.Am I the Kohinoor diamond that I am displayed for all to see?All those who came to see me,either pinched me or did something else,just to see me cry.Am I a newly launched product in the market that they are testing to see whether it is working or not?Whenever I used to cry,my mother used to give me milk,to keep me quiet.Am I an old machine that is given oil when it creaks?As I joined school,I was made to carry a huge and heavy bag on my poor back,with lots of books.Am I a domesticated donkey,that they expect me to carry the entire load without complaining even once?In school,the “know-all” teacher used to shoot an array of questions at me.Am I a supercomputer,that she expects and answer to every question she asks?When I failed to answer the questions,she gave impositions by the order of 1000’s.Am I a photocopying machine that she expects me to make endless copies of the same thing without tiring?

Throughout my school days,I have been tossed about by my friends,seniors and teachers.Am I the ball in a pinball game that I am being tossed about without any real reason?Even when I returned from school,my mom used to yell at me to do my homework.Am I a mechanical clock that is expected to run the whole day?With passing years and adequate supply of food,I grew up.Am I a plant that grows heavenwards on getting the required nutrition?Then,I joined college and fell in love with a girl who controlled my senses.Am I a remote controlled toy that she decided what I should do and what I should not?I finally married that girl,simply because marriage is a very important aspect of Indian culture.Am I one side,say ‘heads’ of a coin,that it needs the ‘tails’ side to complete it’s form?I got a job and the boss made it a point to vent his frustrations on me everyday,by calling me all sorts of names.Am I a wastepaper basket that he was throwing anything that he felt like into it?Even when I returned home,my wife used to give me a long list of things to buy.Am I a genie who came out of the lamp that I could satisfy any wish of her’s?I had kids and I started growing old with changing hair colour and skin texture.Am I a green leaf that changes colour and becomes brittle as years passby?Once I got old,I was ridiculed and abused by many,including my family.Am I the aged watchdog,which is abused,once it has lost the ability to guard the house?Finally,when I died,I was put in a coffin and buried six feet under the ground.Am I a rotten piece of food material,that is covered up and buried to avoid the foul smell?Even when I continued my journey into the nether world,the question still remained.Who was I really?Was I a human being only?

Well,life in it’s entire span,is nothing but a journey into finding out the answer to the question,”Who am I?”.Once that answer is found,there is nothing left to find,because then you will have joined an elite group of stalwarts like Buddha.Yes,knowing who you are is what is called getting enlightenment.It is the ultimate purpose of a person’s birth.Life is not a destination,but a journey.You reach that destination,when you get the answer to that one question,”Who am I?”

1 Comments:

Blogger Arun said...

full kathi aanallo

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home