Monday, August 01, 2005

A Love Story


Love is a wonderful feeling. Having been bogged down by a lot of negative incidents in my life, I grew up as a person craving for love. This poem was a lyrical representation of a fantasy, where I became the one who was left stranded in this vast ocean of complex emotions. Love for me was simply Lost Over Valiant Efforts!!!



A LOVE STORY

Here, I tell a story
Which shines with its glory
A story true to the last word
A story which is not absurd
I once loved a young girl
Who, to me, was as precious as a pearl
I thought about her morning and afternoon
I spent sleepless nights looking at the moon
Yet I did not have the courage to tell her
Of the love I had for her
I waited for her patiently, each day
And she passed me like an electric ray
Sending shocks of ecstasy through my heart
She walked away gracefully like a hart
Finally I got my chance
When she went for a dance
I found her alone in a seat
And my heart missed a beat
Though filled with tension of the moment
I waited tirelessly for a vent
To tell her my mind
Towards which she might be kind
To understand me
And to know my agony
I finally poured out
My feelings, standing stout
On which she looked surprised
And I myself relieved
That I had finally told her my situation
Without any sort of hesitation
There began our love story
About which, I now worry
For friends, I am telling this story with a sigh
That I finally bid her good-bye
She left me standing love-sick
Seeing which I was dumb-struck
Friends, here I tell a story
Which shines with its glory
A story true to the last word
A story which is not absurd
A young girl, I once loved
By whom, I was finally ditched.

2 Comments:

Blogger Praveen said...

So the beautiful young girl Finally ditched you!! For Whom??? Anyways the poem was great. Tell me one thing AK how come you are able to writte such poems? first of all how do u get the thoughts??? Daaammmm hope i could also write so.... Just Dreaming... :-) Keep the good work going....

Kp.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi arun,
read ur poem...loved every word of it....atleast u had the guts to open up to her....too good......

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home