Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Goodbye Cruel World!!!


Suicide as a word, means "The act or an instance of intentionally killing oneself." Death is a natural process and no human being can escape from it's grip. That is why we are called Mortals. But, when a person kills himself intensionally, we call that death by the unique name of "Suicide". Most suicides would have a suicide note associated with it. It is more like a parting statement from the individual, who wants the world to know why he did it. I too had such an instance in my life when I no longer wanted to live and I too had written a suicide note. There is an interesting website(http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/), which describes the reason for suicide. I was really impressed with their explanation and I feel any person who feels desperate and lonely in life and contemplating suicide should go through this site.

"Suicide is not chosen; it happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain."

This is my suicide note:

"Life is a journey and now after each step I take, I look back and regret the place where I took the wrong turn. My life had been smooth and easy until then. How things changed with just that one wrong step. One step led to another and before I knew it, I had come a long way to even think about returning to the point of diversion, Now, all I see is darkness and evil around me. It used to be so pleasant and gratifying. At this point, I do feel that there is no point in living. After all, none of us are gonna live forever. If things could get better for a lot of others due to my absence, so be it!!!"

You know what is interesting...I still carry this note in my purse!!!

Love,
AK

2 Comments:

Blogger Arun said...

http://maithrikochi.org

#
Someone who will listen to them - Someone who has the time, who will provide undivided attention in a non-critical manner without trying to advice or intrude.

#
Someone whom they can trust - Someone who will treat them with dignity and keep their confidentiality.

#
Someone who shows care - Someone whom they can approach, who will offer empathetic and unconditional friendship

8:41 PM  
Blogger Arun said...

According to
http://maithrikochi.org

A suicidal individual feels relieved by:

#
Someone who will listen to them - Someone who has the time, who will provide undivided attention in a non-critical manner without trying to advice or intrude.

#
Someone whom they can trust - Someone who will treat them with dignity and keep their confidentiality.

#
Someone who shows care - Someone whom they can approach, who will offer empathetic and unconditional friendship

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home