Thursday, September 22, 2005

Smile....huh!!!


Smile....an interesting topic to write on. I am a keen observer of people. I do not necessarily analyze them, but I do note their facial expressions. Even at a very young age, I had this habit of putting myself in the place of the listener, when I was talking to someone. It was more like trying to watch myself talk. I used to analyze my body language and my facial expressions. Our face is actually like a transparent surface. Very few people can hide the actual emotions, underlying beneath the flesh and blood and deep inside your mind. You may hold back your tears, you may force a smile and you may try to look cheerful. But, I can assure you that 9 times out of 10, your eyes will betray you. But, the basic question is simple and straight! Why do you have to put on a show, when you can be just yourself and be true to your personality? I know that it would be very hard for me to smile when I am angry and in the same way, it would be very hard for me to enjoy a joke, when I am sad. Today, I saw someone smile at me. I have this very bad habit of making friends with everyone pretty soon. This particular individual impressed me fast, attitude-wise. I won't say I got attached a lot, but I definitely saw that person as a good friend. Well, change is inevitable I suppose or maybe the change was also a forced one due to many other factors. I am confused as I said before. Anyway, when I saw that person smile, I felt kinda sad because it looked more like a forced smile. A smile is believed to accentuate a person's beauty. It has to come from within. It should not be just a physical change in your face, but a mental change, with your mind swelling up with happiness and peace. Only then, will it become a smile...until, then it would be more of a smirk. I know that I cannot smile when I am hurt...I know that I cannot smile when I am angry...but, I know that I can make others smile when I am happy...because my happiness would reflect in my smile. Maybe the person who smiled at me today, did not find me worth being considering as a friend. I am hurt as usual. But, people change and world changes....I still stick to the principles that I believed. It is easier to just change your swimming style according to the flow and just drift... I guess the real challenge is to stick to the swimming style that you are master of and that you believe in and then swim against the flow to reach the destination. All those who smirk at me now, will then regret the chance lost to make a good friend. I am sure of that. Until then, smile on... but,the world has not lost all it's good!!!

I believe in myself now!!!!

Peace,
Arun

5 Comments:

Blogger Arun said...

:)

3:52 AM  
Blogger Praveen said...

hi there,
What to say........
There was a famous quote "A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, and smile through the unbearable." - Moshe Waldoks.
Keep Smiling.....

KP.

9:04 PM  
Blogger crossblade said...

omG brother !!!
you Rock!!! I dint know you had a blogger..cool
so we'd meet eachother here
Rahul is fine in hyd...earning good money..Aju here after M com working for ELGI
Anish doing Community service...
so that from the near the hostpital people lol...yay!! I still live there
and still at CET..7 more months of MBA...
will talk to you soon
gimme ur ph no

3:10 PM  
Blogger crossblade said...

hey u!!!!!!!
pass me ur cell number buddy!!!
will call you
I guess we should start hanging out together like we used to do in school!!! since our college/workplace is near....
God be with you
thomas.sarasam@gmail.com

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its true that smile reflects our emotions....but y make others sad wen they have no reason to be....smile even if u r hurt and though it may not gain u more friends atleast u dont make others sad.....differnt people different views.....
"smile and the world smiles with u"
keep writing such beautiful poems......

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home